Farewell

4AM on the eve of the day we will put Randy to rest next to his Mother.

I am still in shock that we are here.
That he is gone from our lives.  
From this world.

It is so wrong.

In the span of 6 days, we went from believing we had 12 months, to a couple of weeks, to a few hours.

Did we say goodbye enough?  Did he feel the love that surrounded him as he left this world?

I pray his Mother's face was the first beautiful sight he saw as he entered those pearly gates.

While these things plague my mind, I am grateful that his passing was peaceful.

Randy never felt pain or physical illness.  He was happy and playful in the days leading up to his final journey home.

He was spared what would have been the most excruciating part of this disease, only spending 6 days of his beautiful life in a hospital bed.

He was a truly amazing man.  Kind and loving.  No one who ever met him didn't fall in love with his zest for life and that exuberant smile.

I am better for knowing and loving him.  Better for getting to share the last 19 years of his life with him.

I know I will take all that I learned from loving him.. being loved by him...with me as I begin the next chapter of my life.

And I know I will love more deeply, live far more loudly and choose differently, because of him.

 What an amazing legacy to leave behind.
Farewell my sweet...

CheersπŸ’œ


Comments

  1. My heart is breaking for you Melissa. Randy was a great man and one of the nicest man I’ve met. You both were so blessed to have had 19 years together. Sending my prayers and love to you both. πŸ™πŸ™❤️❤️. RIP Randy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIP You will be truly missed πŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa your words through this journey of love with Randy have so inspired me. I have learned so much about, love, loyalty and the kindness that some people are able to give others. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with the world. You are an amazing person and I wish you ❤️ , peace and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This! Thankful in this life to know you both. Randy was amazing and so are you. He will forever be with you πŸ’—. Hugs friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes what a legacy!! And what a beautiful, bittersweet journey you allowed us to be with you on. I will be praying for you and your family tomorrow. Fly high Randy RIP πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa, how blessed Randy was to have such an amazing lady in his life. There is no doubt he felt loved. You are an inspiration to so many of us.
    Bless you Melissa πŸ™πŸ»
    Thank you for sharing your and Randy’s journey
    Fly high sweet Randy πŸ•Š️
    πŸ™πŸ»πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ™πŸ»

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blooming

Rainbows and Angels

“Who Are You?”