Pleasant

The last week and a half has been surprisingly peaceful and pleasant.  We had that prior weekend of terrible and then settled into this new place.  

Anxious moments have certainly happened, as they are the normal way of things but, Randy has been navigating quite well.  

Shirts have been put on inside out and sometimes backwards, socks on inside out or heel up.  Items have been misplaced or lost.  The TV remote isn’t quite as easy to use as he remembered.  All of these triggers are continuing to happen but, he remains calm a pleasant.  He has even gone as far as to willingly ask for help on the occasion he recognizes his struggle.

We were blessed to have been invited to speak at an Alzheimer’s educational event this week.  I was nervous as I contemplated what my contribution would sound like.  Randy was calm and confident that it would all go well.  

True to his prediction, the evening went well.  He was all smiles and giggles while sitting on stage, under blaring lights, in front of strangers, friends and family alike.

He couldn’t get out a full, coherent sentence and failed to be able to use his microphone.  Shortly before the end of the event, he quietly informed me he was tired, hot and done.  I urged him to hang on just a few moments more.  He did, with a smile.

He was proud that we shared our story.  He informed me that there had been no reason for my nervousness because it had turned out to be “fun and super easy”.   This made me chuckle.

Moments like these seem to lessen the weight of the tough ones.  Being able to blog about positive moments instead of painful moments is refreshing.  

I’m not sure how long this current vibe will last but, I plan on enjoying every minute of it.

Hoping you all find you Pleasant.

Cheers❤️




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbows and Angels

Blooming

“Who Are You?”