Today

 We had a good week.  Lots of smiles, lots of naps and lots of Starbucks.

Today he is tired and very mellow.

Yesterday we laid to rest a dear friend and amazing man!  He did well, as it was a long day.  He was sad for the loss he acknowledged but not emotional, for his ability to empathize comes and goes.  Honestly, he was a bit more focused on my legs and made it known several times!  Not exactly appropriate for the occasion but what are you going to do?  

Today he is a little lost.

Yesterday, at lunch he held up his butter knife and asked me what it was.  My heart sank.  For a moment I was speechless but simply told him it was a knife but he didn’t need it.  Handed him his fork and showed him what to do with it once I recognized there was still confusion on his face.  No issues after that.

Today he couldn’t recall the names of our children and grandchildren when asked.  

He knows these things but he doesn’t.  His mind continues to betray him daily and I am bitter.  This man, this wonderful human being, my 4th child.

Just took him for a mani/pedi and he sits happily next to me, drinking his Starbucks. Still blissfully unaware of the cruelty of his disease.

Today my heart is heavy as he slips a little further into the abyss.

Today his smile reminds me to cherish every today.

Cheers♥️

Comments

  1. Melissa, I can not imagine what your going through but I will continue to pray for you and Randy. 🙏 ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a rock and we all love you for all that you do. You are such a strong women and I am so happy Randy has you in his life. Take care of yourself as much as you can and thanks for being such an amazing women!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbows and Angels

Blooming

“Who Are You?”